Third Edition Published by University of Washington Press
The newest edition of Aiiieeeee! is now available for purchase.
- The Controversial Origin of Asian American Studies (Tara Fickle, The Paris Review [excerpted Foreword])
- Revisiting the Seminal (and Controversial) Anthology that Named the Asian American Canon (Rich Smith, The Stranger)
- “Aiiieeeee!, An Anthology of Asian American Writers”: If you think you’ve read it, you need to read it again (Vince Schleitwiler, International Examiner)
- The Asian-American Canon Breakers (Hua Hsu, The New Yorker)
- Silicon Alleys: Creators of Asian American Literary Anthology Recount Their Struggle to be Read (Gary Singh, metroactive)
- Pioneering Asian American anthology turns 45 (Derek Tahara, Nichi Bei Weekly) (image courtesy of Nancy Wong)
Click here or on the image below to see a selection of documents in the Aiiieeeee! archive related to the 1977 re-publication of No-No Boy by the Aiiieeeee! editors and CARP (Combined Asian American Resources Project).
(Please note that the archive is currently in progress and not yet publicly visible; the below is a blog post reflection on the process)