Third Edition Published by University of Washington Press
The newest edition of Aiiieeeee! is now available for purchase.
- The Controversial Origin of Asian American Studies (Tara Fickle, The Paris Review [excerpted Foreword])
- Revisiting the Seminal (and Controversial) Anthology that Named the Asian American Canon (Rich Smith, The Stranger)
- “Aiiieeeee!, An Anthology of Asian American Writers”: If you think you’ve read it, you need to read it again (Vince Schleitwiler, International Examiner)
- The Asian-American Canon Breakers (Hua Hsu, The New Yorker)
- Silicon Alleys: Creators of Asian American Literary Anthology Recount Their Struggle to be Read (Gary Singh, metroactive)
- Pioneering Asian American anthology turns 45 (Derek Tahara, Nichi Bei Weekly) (image courtesy of Nancy Wong)
Click here or on the image below to see a selection of documents in the Aiiieeeee! archive related to the 1977 re-publication of No-No Boy by the Aiiieeeee! editors and CARP (Combined Asian American Resources Project).
Click here or on the image below to learn more about the Aiiieeeee! archive (by Tara Fickle).
(Please note that the archive is currently in progress and not yet publicly visible; the below is a blog post reflection on the process)